Monday, November 24, 2008

First SUNNY day!

When I walked out of my ‘house’ this morning and saw some blue between the clouds and felt a slight fresh breeze I KNEW it was going to be a good day. Turns out to be the FIRST SUNNY DAY I’VE HAD HERE! I’ve seen the sun here before for a few hours maybe, but never for a whole day like today! I don’t know what’s happening—there’s finally a sunny day on the equator! It’s also Week of Prayer this week so it’s a nice break in the middle of classes. Also, kids here are apparently really motivated to work for this Spelling Bee that we’re going to have in English. Needless to say, classes went well today! And it was sunny. And everyone that lives here at the school went to a pool this afternoon! First pool I’ve seen since I’ve gotten here! And it was sunny! Did I mention how amazing today was going? Us gringos even did a little gymnastics in the pool! When I didn’t look at all the trees and rainforest type bushes around the pool, I almost felt like I was in the U.S. today! It was quite entertaining watching the boys, one by one, throw everyone who was still dry into the pool. Some things about boys don’t change with culture! There were two adorable little girls that came along too and me and the other gringa had some fun with them. Some definitely embarrassing moments passed today…but sometimes those are the most memorable and fun to look back on. And did I mention it was sunny ALL DAY? When we got back to the school, and after the nightly prayer meeting for Week of Prayer, we had these fried banana tortilla things called ‘verdes’. Absolutely delicious! Who would have guessed the perfect end to a perfect day was yet to come? One of the pastors here gave us the most scrumptious chocolate cake with a peach on top that I’ve ever had! Simply amazing day! Just had to share it with you ….and let you all know that there are indeed SUNNY DAYS on the equator :) Sunny days always make good days. Now that I know they do indeed exist here, they ain’t got no more excuses for not coming ‘round more often! I love the sun :) I love today!

No comments: